Sunday 1 December 2013

Bonding with Bex (and this week's progress)

Bonding with Bex
When Beccy was born, or to be more accurate the unnamed baby was born, who we later called Rebecca, I took a career break and became a house husband. Because of this we have always been very close.  We've always done activities together, such as walking, cycling and camping - all activities that Mrs F.  does not do.

After the failed attempt this year, we are determined that in 2014 we will succeed. As part of this we are spending a lot of time together exercising and walking , which  I am really enjoying. Quality Daughter and Dad time cannot be bought.

I find this time especially important at the moment, as in September Beccy will be going off to Newcastle for University. Of course I'm extremely happy that my little baby is growing up and moving on to the next stage of her life, but it will be a sad time for me.

So although in reality this will not be our last walk together, it will mark at end of an era.

This weeks progress
I have not weighed myself today as we are away at the in laws. However I weighed 78.9 yesterday. So no real movement, but at least no going up.

We have continued with week 3 (of the couch to 5k plan) for a second week and now feeling ready to progress to WK 4.

Also this morning we did a 10x1 min interval run. Due to achy back I had to walk the first three 'jogging' sections, did a very slow 4th session and managed to jog the other six.


M

No comments:

Post a Comment