Friday 20 December 2013

One step forward, two steps back...

So at the beginning of December I was running Week 3 of the C25K schedule, and running it quite well. So well in fact I think I pushed myself too far by running a couple of days without rest, and trying to move on to the next phase too soon.

After nearly 3 weeks of calf, ankle, foot, knee pains I cannot run the week 3 schedule! Week 3 is 90 seconds run, 90 seconds rest, 3 mins run, 3 mins rest, then repeat (with 5 min warm up / cool down at each end). I did the first 90 seconds, but after 2 minutes of the 3 I was shattered and in pain. After the rest I managed 90 seconds again, but only about a minute of the final 3.

And as I sit here writing this, my ankle is throbbing! Not a happy bunny.

+Beccy Fairbank is sprinting (well jogging) ahead. She managed 8 mins jog, 5 rest, and 8 jog a couple of times this week. Well done!

Plan of action is to be able to do the week 3 plan - hopefully on Sunday and Tuesday, before moving back onto week 4 - which I was 90% capable of doing 2 weeks ago!

Despite this set back, we are still on track to be able to do the Yorkshire 3 Peaks in the summer of 2014, as long as I get get rid of these aches ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment